Are you looking to begin a career in book publishing, but not sure where to start? It’s often a good idea to take a few classes or an entire program in book publishing to establish a foundation and build your knowledge of the industry and their current practices. There are quite a few great colleges and universities in the United States that offer comprehensive publishing programs.
Here is our list of American colleges and universities that offer publishing courses, seminars or programs.
- The City College of New York, Publishing Certificate Program
- Columbia College, The Center for Book and Paper Arts
- Emerson College, MA in Publishing and Writing program
- Drexel University, Certificate in Writing and Publishing
- Portland State University, Master of Arts/Master of Science in Writing
- Pace University, MS in Publishing Program
- New York University, M.S. in Publishing: Digital and Print Media and Summer Publishing Institute
- Rosemont College, Publishing Program
- University of Baltimore, Publications Design
- UC Berkeley Extension, Professional Sequence in Editing
- The University of Chicago, Graham School, Certificate in Editing
- University of Denver, Publishing Institute
- University of Houston-Victoria, MS in Publishing Program
- Yale University, Publishing Course
Do you live in Canada?
Click here for our list of publishing programs offered in Canada.