From creating author itineraries to planning book events, we’ll breakdown the myth of the frazzled publicist.
Here is a sneak peak.
Publicists are in charge of:
- writing galley letters and press releases
- planning authors tours and events
- escorting authors to events, readings, and interviews
- working closely with sales and marketing teams
- contacting media to get reviews or interviews
Publicists Need to be:
- good communicators
- strong writers
- outgoing and social
- patient!! (dealing with sometimes difficult authors)
- good multi-tasker
- flexible (long hours, evenings and weekends)